Stephanie L. Gross, MSLIS
Expertise: Advanced IT skills, including database searching, coding and course management system administration. Extensive familiarity with copyright compliance and fair use best practices. Advanced communication skills in English and Hebrew. Proficient in French and Spanish.
Ongoing interests: Institutional repositories, library design and space usage, library and information commons, community engagement, emerging trends in libraries, communicating library’s value, virtual librarianship, excellence in leadership.
- Librarian, Electronic Reserves (2004-present) & Scholarly Communication (May 2018–)
Help establish the university institutional repository for Yeshiva University. Advise on matters concerning the identification of stakeholders, scope and technical platforms (DSpace). Provide guidance on issues concerning open access, copyright, best practices, metadata standards for both faculty and student contributions.
Organize and process print and electronic material using Springshare E-Reserves & Document Management (2014-present) ; (SirsiDynix Docutek 2004-2014) for undergraduate and graduate programs (campus & online). Establish electronic reserves pages per copyright guidelines. Communicate with faculty and staff concerning status of coursework. Facilitate and promote use of system via collaboration with other library staff and faculty.
- Member, Institutional Repository Task Group (IRTG) (January 2017-present)
Service and Awards
- Marquis Who’s Who in America (Biographee), 69th ed. (2015) ; 70th ed. (2016) ; 71st ed. (2017)
- Information and Library Science, Pratt Institute (1995) Certificate of Excellence Award for Outstanding Merit
- Beta Phi Mu, Theta Chapter, Life member, mentor
- American Library Association, Association of College and Research Libraries (section)
- Association of College and Research Libraries/Greater New York : Mentor 2012-2013
- New York Library Club (President 2013-2014), mentor
Association of Jewish Libraries: AJL News 1.2
May 16, 2011
March 21, 2009
- Provide reference assistance in both print and electronic form across various subjects (humanities, business, Judaica/Hebraica, health)
- Process, service and maintain print reserve collections
- Service curriculum development materials in English and Hebrew
- Catalog books, including original records, using OCLC protocol
- Train and supervise work study and new library support staff
- Compose procedures manuals for reserve and circulation support staff
- Key operator for multi-media, audio-visual materials, printing and photocopy equipment
- Masters of Science in Library and Information Science, Honors
Pratt Institute School of Information, Brooklyn NY
Certificate of Excellence Award for Outstanding Merit in Information and Library Science, Pratt Institute
- Internship, general librarianship (public service, library design, information commons)
Thames Valley University, London England UK
- Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Saint Michael’s College, Winooski VT 05401
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, ISRAEL.
School Media Specialist (Library) Permanent (The University of the State of New York) The State Education Department Public School Teacher Certificate
Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate (The University of the State of New York)
Information Technology Skills
Digital scanning (Adobe Acrobat Professional) ;
Database searching : e.g. Proquest, Lexis/Nexis, Rambi, OCLC, WorldCat;
Bibliographic citation tools : e.g. RefWorks , Zotero
Telecommunications : Skype, Google Hangout, Citrix, WebEx, Adobe Connect ;
Self-publishing : e.g. Mendeley, Scribd ;
Web Browsers : e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome
Productivity Tools : Microsoft Office Suite, Dropbox, Google Gmail, Drive, Zoho, etc.
Photo-sharing : e.g. Google Photos, Flickr , Instragram, Pinterest
Video : YouTube, Vimeo ;
Presentation : PowerPoint, Prezi ;
Blogging : Blogger, WordPress, TypePad ;
Micro-blogging : Twitter, bit.ly, Diigo ;
Book-sharing : e.g. Goodreads, LibraryThing, Bookish ;
e-books : ePub, Adobe Digital Editions ; Amazon, Kobo, Nook, eBrary ;
Multi-Media : RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, Audacity, Slideshare, Authorstream.
Slideshare on LinkedIn: @StephanieLG
Twitter : @NYLibrarians
Diigo : @NYLibrarians
Blogger: @NY Librarians