By Cory Ruf, CBC News
Posted: Mar 4, 2013 11:32 AM ET
Last Updated: Mar 4, 2013 11:36 AM ET
A U.S.-based publishing company has announced it has ‘discontinued’ its court case against McMaster librarian Dale Askey. (Adam Carter/CBC)
A U.S.-based publishing company says it is dropping at least one of its lawsuits against a McMaster librarian after scholars across North America came to his defense.
Edwin Mellen Press (EMP) had filed two lawsuits against Dale Askey and McMaster University, claiming a total of $4.5 million in damages. Read more..
- Edwin Mellen Press Drops Lawsuit Against McMaster Librarian Dale Askey (infodocket.com)
- Price of a Bad Lawsuit (eduhacker.net)
- McMaster Steps Up to Defend Librarian Against Outrageous Libel Action by Edwin Mellen Press (leiterreports.typepad.com)
- Edwin Mellen Press Drops Lawsuit (hastac.org)
- Publisher hits new low: Suing librarian for criticizing their books [Confessions of a Science Librarian] (scienceblogs.com)
- Publisher launches $3,000,000 suit against academic librarian who criticized its books (boingboing.net)
- Edwin Mellen Press Sues University Librarian for Libel (chronicle.com)
- Unprecedented $3 million dollar lawsuit filed against McMaster librarian for blogpost (thezeds.com)
- Another Publisher Threatens Suit Against A Librarian For Blog Comments (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Will Edwin Mellen Press Sue Google Over Search Algorithm? (eduhacker.net)