Riser, devoted oceanite, and advocate of radical neutrality, Char Booth explores the integration of education, research, technology, and design in libraries. Char is the Instruction Services Manager and E-Learning Librarian at the Claremont Colleges, and is on the faculty of the ACRL Information Literacy Immersion Institute. An ALA Emerging Leader and Library Journal Mover and Shaker, Char blogs at info-mational and tweets at @charbooth. Her publications include Reflective Teaching, Effective Learning: Instructional Literacy for Library Educators (ALA Editions, 2011) and Informing Innovation: Tracking Student Interest in Emerging Library Technologies (ACRL, 2009). Char received a BA in History from Reed College in 2001; an MSIS from the UT Austin School of Information in 2005, and a Master of Computer Education and Technology from Ohio University in 2008.
In this second installment of the METRO / ACRL/NY New Professionals Series, Char Booth, Instruction Services Manager and E-Learning Librarian at the Claremont Colleges, converses with Jason Kucsma, Executive Director of the Metropolitan New York Library Council.
This webinar will focus on building a solid reputation through writing, publishing, and public presentations. Char has published and presented on many topics, including library instruction, the future of access, and using technology to facilitate a positive library experience. Please join us to hear from Char on these subjects and more.
Who should attend:
Librarians new to the field, LIS students, and anyone interested in learning more about the future of librarianship. Read more and register…
- Academic Librarian Mentoring Project : An ACRL-NY Initiative (stephanielgrossmslis.me)
- Author’s Corner: A Hodgepodge of Tips for Applicants (hiringlibrarians.com)
- POST: Emerging Careers in Librarianship: Digital Humanities Librarian (acrl.ala.org)
- Radical Librarianship (booksandstuffandthingslikethat.wordpress.com)
- Job Hunter’s Web Guide: Careers in Law Librarianship (hiringlibrarians.com)
- Researcher’s Corner: Art Librarians’ Professional Paths (hiringlibrarians.com)
- Portland teen services librarian given Mover & Shaker Award (bangordailynews.com)
- In the Library, With the Lead Pipe: Making it Work: Surviving as a Librarian Employed in Another Field (inthelibrarywiththeleadpipe.org)
- Alt-Ac: Breathing Life into Libraries or Eroding the Profession? (eduhacker.net)
Hi nice reading your poost