Millennials: Here’s Why Employers Won’t Hire You (And the Fix)
Hey Millennials! Did you know employers are three times more likely to hire a mature worker than they are to hire you?
That’s right. According to a survey of recruiters, 60 percent of employers would rather hire mature workers, while only 20 percent would choose to hire Millennials. Why?
There are apparently several critical qualities employers said many Millennials lack. Let’s take a look at those, as well as what we Millennials can do to overcome those perceptions:
Mature Workers Associated with Increased Professionalism
Mature workers were considered reliable by 91 percent of employers and professional by 88 percent. For Millennial workers, only five percent of recruiters said they were professional and two percent said reliable.
To change this negative perception, you should deliberately focus on emphasizing your reliability. Talk about specific times in your career when others depended on you and you delivered. Additionally, it’s easy to show you’re professional by dressing the part and following up with the proper etiquette in emails and interviews. Read more…
- Millennials Are Judging You by Your Technology (inc.com)
- Diversity & Inclusion Matters to Millennials (business2community.com)
- 5 Tips For Better Management of Millennial Employees (business2community.com)
- Millennials Moving Into Work Force (wctv.tv)
- CIOs need to push BYOD policies to lure Millennials (techcentral.ie)
- Recipe for a Millennial (Written by a Millennial) (thewritingshopaholic.wordpress.com)
- Learning to love working with (and for) millennials (prdaily.com)
- US / Roughly 40 percent of Millennials have tattoos (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Survey Reveals HR Opinions on Millennial Job Seekers (stafftoday.wordpress.com)