Consultants | Archivists | Records Management | Information Governance
Margot Note | April 29, 2019
As a Certified Archivist, a Certified Records Manager, and an Information Governance Professional, I help my clients to benefit from their information, from its creation, use, storage, and disposition. Working with a skilled consultant gives you peace of mind that your data is always ready to be leveraged throughout its life cycle.
The Alchemy of Adroitness
No matter how big or small your project is, an archives and records management consultant can help you transform your organization through its information. Here are ten ways in which consultants work magic:
- Expertise. The skills necessary for the growing and changing needs of an organization are unavailable inside the organization. Therefore organizations turn to consultants to complete projects or solve problems.
- Time. Even when the skills are available in the organization, staff members may not have the time to complete special projects or research. A consultant can be a part of the organization just long enough to achieve what needs to be done.
- Experience. Certain professions have a shortage of trained employees. Consultants can fill in until demand is met by training or hiring new employees.
- Flexibility. Consultants can be brought in for the short term to complete a project. When the work is completed, the organization can terminate the relationship easily and quickly.
- Objectivity. Consultants provide fresh perspectives. Outsiders can look at a problem in a new, unbiased way. Read more…